Silkeborg Municipality is one of the best in attracting new companies in Jutland. Furthermore Silkeborg Municipality has about 1,4 million of people within an hour, in which 50,000 are well-educated and competent in a wide variety of field. A major plus is the presence of qualified and professional educational facilities: Universities, colleges, vocational schools, high schools – most of which have an international profile.
In general, Silkeborg Municipality has a lot to offer its citizens and other people who might consider either moving to the municipality or setting up a business.
Silkeborg Municipality will create a dynamic framework for businesses by specializing in various sectors such as:
- Water and wind power
- Information technology (IT)
Silkeborg Municipality is determined to provide all businesses a fast and quality service whatever your inquiry is about.
We have over 90,000 active citizens who see themselves and each other as part of a democratic community.
Silkeborg Municipality is a visible, competent, and innovative workplace with 6,500 academically strong and dedicated employees.
Our work is based on the values of dialogue, dynamics, quality and consistency.
- Population: 90,719 per. January 1st, 2016.
- Population Growth: 0.78% in 2015.
- Budget: 5.2 billion. DKK. in 2015.
- Capital expenditure: 321 million. DKK. in 2015.
- Tax rate: 25.5%.
- Land tax: 28.26‰.
- Employees: 6,447 corresponding to 5,887 full-time positions in 2013. The municipality's largest employer.
- Mission: Due to democratic processes of the city council and the surrounding communities Silkeborg Municipality want to create the best possible environment to live and work in our area.
- Vision: Silkeborg Municipality - a dynamic community with unique opportunities for development.
- Values: Dialogue, dynamics, quality and consistency.
- The City Council has 31 members.
Economy and efficiency
- A stable economy.
- Budget balance: Tight but with room for development.
- One of the most efficient municipalities in Denmark: Silkeborg Municipality is one of the very cheapest and most efficiently municipalities in Denmark, measured per. 1,000 inhabitants.
- Competitive: 27.5% of the municipal tasks are carried out by private companies (2014). The average for all municipalities in Denmark is 26.4%.